Friday, September 16, 2011

Big Kids

The day after we got back from Chicago, Huston started preschool. He's repeating the 3 year old class with the same sweet teachers he had last year, only now, instead of being the youngest kid in the class, he's the oldest. And it is awesome. I'm so glad we held him back because he is so much more confident and mature now.
I love how in his "back to school" picture, he's still sporting a big bruise on his forehead and a big bandaid - both from his separate falling-out-of-the-bed incidents. Unfortunate timing.

Can I just say that I'm always slightly jealous of people that post pictures of their kids wearing or holding their backpacks on the first day of school? Huston will not have it. He mostly refuses to even touch his backpack, let alone wear it. At least I have Arden for those kinds of pictures. This afternoon she was wearing her backpack and lunch box, carrying a purse and diaper bag, and also toting her lambie and two blankies. All at the same time.

Have I mentioned that I'm teaching at Huston's preschool this year? I'm one of two teachers in the 2 year old room. So Huston's first day of school was my first day of work. And I'm loving it so far. I love working two days a week instead of five. Love taking him to school with me. Love seeing him at recess on the playground. Love my co workers and the kids and pretty much everything about it. Hooray for less stress, more fun, and more time with my kids!

Don't you love that hilarious face?



In other big kid news, Arden's hair is getting soooooo long and scraggly that I occurred to me she might be able to sport a pony tail. So I attempted it the other day and was so enamored with it that I took a billion pictures of her outside. It just makes her look so big!

Don't you love those little curls and tendrils at the back?

Oh that face. I could eat it up.

Let's sum up this post with the obvious: My Kids Are Cute.

(actually, probably most of my posts could be summed up that way, but I'm cool with that)

No comments:

Post a Comment