Monday, November 2, 2009

Big Boy Bed

I'm a little behind in posting this, but Huston has made the transition to his big boy bed! It went sooo much smoother than I anticipated, and he's loving his new room and bed. He slept in it for the first time on October 15th and went to bed just fine, but woke up screaming in the middle of the night. I think he was just confused and disoriented because that was the only time he has had any issue at night. The next day we tried nap for the first time and it was not successful. He ran out of the room several times and kept opening and closing the door. It was pretty hilarious, though, because he would always run back in his room and shut the door when he heard me coming to investigate. We finally had a successful nap on probably the third day of trying, and it's been great ever since. Although sometimes I do have to go in his room to remind him that he's supposed to be sleeping, because I'll hear him talking and discover that he's gotten about twenty books out and they're all spread across his bed.
Almost every morning when he wakes up and I walk in his room to get him, he says "all done seep-sing (sleeping) big boy bed." He always refers to it as his "big boy bed" - I guess because that's what I always call it.

Some randomness:

Huston has been really interested in his little storybook Bible lately. He asks to read his "Bible book" and last night he wanted to do it "all by self" (as has been his frequent request lately). I asked him to read it to me and he said "Jesus God's son, Noah build it big boat, Noah get two." I'm assuming the last part meant two of every animal. Pretty adorable.

"Elmo's World" has been replaced by "Barney" as Huston's favorite TV show. He especially loves the "Wild West Adventure" episode, which he refers to as "Barney clock in it" because there's a clock that rings at the end of the episode when it's time for the "showdown." (He is extremely obsessed with clocks). He almost always asks to watch this episode as soon as he wakes up.

He loves for me to sing the Barney song before he goes to sleep, and also likes to sing it himself. His version goes "I wuv you...fweet wuv me...we happy family...wuv me too." The other night I had asked him to say hi to baby Arden in my belly, which he did, and then he later came back and rubbed my belly and sang baby Arden the Barney song.

Huston has also discovered "The Dick Van Dyke Show" - a Rogers' family staple. He loves the theme song and gets really into the physical comedy and the dancing and singing on it.

1 comment:

  1. Mimi's heart is beating fast reading all the precious comments from our little guy. What a golden time we are in.

    ReplyDelete