Friday, July 8, 2011

We interrupt this program...

I was going to do a post with our fourth of July pictures, but didn't have time to go through them, so decided to post this important info instead: Huston pooped on the potty today! And Arden pooped on the party for the first time, too! Yes, I am still trying to get Huston to poop on the potty after all this time, and no, I'm not trying to train Arden. She just wants to be like Huston and seems to just naturally know what to do on the potty. Praise the Lord for that! Last night she peed on it for the first time, and she followed that up with a pee and a poop today. No fuss, no crying, no exhortations or pleading, or threatening, or begging, or encouraging, or screaming. Whereas Huston required all of the aforementioned in addition to fiber gummies, a suppository (yes, indeed) and HOURS and HOURS of sitting on the potty. I was so exhausted by the time he did it that I cried. And let it be known that I would have given in around hour 2 of this fiasco today, if it hadn't been for my mom's help. I'm convinced Huston would have kept holding it in just to spite me, but Grandma was the one with him at the end and coached him to success! We'll see if today's success will be repeated...

Huston had a hilarious conversation with Clarke at bedtime tonight. They were talking about the things God made, and when Clarke said, "And God made you!" Huston replied, "And you! And Mommy and Arden. It must have taken God a long time to make all the people." Then came this random question:

Huston: "How many people are there?"
Clarke: "Well, about 6 billion."
Huston: "Six?"
Clarke: "6 billion."
Huston: "Why are there 6 people?"
Clarke: "6 billion."
Huston: "6 blelillion?"

He is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. He IS awesome! Way to go, my two little poopers! I think Wy is on his way to joining them after a few times on the potty yesterday...we'll see!

    ReplyDelete