Saturday, August 27, 2011

Huston is 4!


We had Huston's 4th birthday party this morning, and my sweet boy had a wonderful time, which made it so wonderful for me. Leading up to his party, he kept talking about it and sounding really excited, which was such a change from the previous two years when he really screamed about it and would keep saying he didn't want a party. We did an "Up!" theme, since that was his favorite movie for most of the year.

I bribed him with chocolate dipped pretzel sticks to take his picture under the balloon wreath I made. That wreath took so many balloons, that I've decided it's going to be our new family tradition to put it out for everyone's birthday.


I made these multicolored cupcakes to resemble the balloons in the movie, and my mom made those adorable cloud cookies. I love how they turned out! Of course her cookies were delicious and I thought my cupcakes were rather failed, but at least they made for a cute picture. The little "Up!" house was an online printable that I carefully folded and glued together.

Melinda brought these cute old suitcases for part of the decoration and I printed out the Ellie and Carl plane tickets from online.

For party favors, we had M&M's wrapped up as Mr. Fredricksen's bow ties, and some canteens I got 90% off at Target that I decided to call "Russell's Wilderness Explorer Canteens" since I needed to get rid of them. :)


Huston got some glasses that looked like Mr. Fredricksen's along with some other glasses that seem to have renewed his interest in playing with glasses.

We didn't sing Happy Birthday to him, as he still doesn't like that, but we did get him to pose for a few pictures in front of his cupcakes.

He loved eating his Grandma's cloud cookies. Not so much his mommy's cupcakes. That's okay. I felt the same way.


Goofing around with Grandpa.

Arden had such a blast at the party. I think she thought it was her party. She played with everyone and had a great time. She loved getting Uncle Ben's hat.

I wasn't going to have Huston open his presents at the party, as he usually hates the attention, but he approached the presents on his own and started trying to peek in a bag. I asked if he wanted to open it, and he did! After more people started watching and taking pictures he started to get shy, but we took a few breaks, and Aunt Emily helped him open the rest. He got so many great things that perfectly fit one "hard to buy for" boy!

Sweet Caroline got all tuckered out from the excitement. Love that sweet girl (and her momma!).
Abby was so sweet to come to Huston's party on her actual birthday. Happy birthday, Ab! (You and Marta look so cute!)

My dad just got back from Turkey yesterday. Thanks for coming in spite of your jet lag, Dad. We missed you while you were gone! And I forgot to tell my mom that I really liked her haircut. (I like your haircut, Mom.)
Sweet friends. So thankful for them.

Arden playing with one of Huston's toys. She wore her cupcake shirt that Grandma made in Huston's honor. And she even had little bows that said "Happy Birthday" in them.

Huston and Wyatt pretending to "sleep." Such hilarious little boys!

A family picture (don't remember how I bribed him to take this one, but it for sure involved some sort of food).

Happy Birthday, sweet Huston. Mommy and Daddy love you and we're so proud of our big four year old!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Huston! So glad that we got to celebrate another year of your precious little life! We're so thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete