Monday, July 2, 2012

The things they say...

Whenever the kids say something funny or cute, I try to write it down as quickly as I can so I don't forget it.  The only problem is that I write these things on random scraps of paper throughout the house and I'm always afraid I'm going to lose them or accidentally throw them away.  I finally gathered all the ones I've been collecting for the past month or so and thought I should put them on the blog.

Arden has fewer, as her ramblings are longer and harder to record, so I'll start with her.  First, she has this quirky thing she uses as an all-purpose introduction to whatever she wants to say: "nugga" or "nuggat."  For example, she'll say, "Nuggat, Baby Junior likes to swim?"  She uses it almost like "did you know that?" as in, "Did you know, Baby Junior likes to swim?"  The other thing that I've been loving lately is how, whenever I make squash and zucchini, she calls it "squash and bikini," and she'll say, "But I don't like bikini!"  It cracks me up and I always make her say it twenty times before dinner is over.

Huston has quite a collection of things that have been making me laugh lately.  First, he calls bunk beds, "Bonk Beds," and he really wants to get some "bonk beds" for his room.  He says "rememberies" for memories, as in, "Carl didn't want his house to burn up because it had all his rememberies of Ellie." He calls Pluto, "poo-toe," and it makes me laugh every time.

About a month ago, I was running errands with Huston and Arden one afternoon, and Huston made this observation as he looked at the sky:

"Lawyers just have to work all day while the sky is light blue.  And lawyers come home when the sky is dark blue."

How sad Clarke is that that's true.

Finally, while at Kid's Kamp, Huston noticed a poster with the two main characters from the drama.  Referring to one of the characters, he said, "Hey, I know that guy!  He was in the play!  Except, he just has a black head.  (cheerfully) Some people have black heads, and some people (trailing off in confusion)...just have...normal things.  (cheerfully again) Like my friend Enoch has a black head!"

Leave it to the little ones to be politically incorrect in the most innocent and hilarious way.

And now, because a post without pictures is no post at all, here's two pictures of the kids with my parents at their cousins' birthday party this weekend.



1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! I need to record the things that Wy says too - it's just too precious! Love the observation about lawyers and people with black heads :)

    ReplyDelete