Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Puerto Rico

Clarke and I just got back from a trip to Puerto Rico to celebrate our 10th anniversary, which was in June.  It was awesome!  I cried when I dropped the kids off with my mom, but once we were actually in Puerto Rico, I was fine.  We missed them, of course, but they had the best time with my parents for two days, and with Clarke's parents for the rest of the time.  We sent texts and pictures back and forth, so it was fun for us to be able to see what they were doing.  And it was just so relaxing and amazing to be with my awesome husband in a beautiful country with nothing to worry about except what fun things we want to do and what delicious food we wanted to eat.

Here's the outside of the little condo we stayed at.  It was inside the Wyndham Rio Mar Resort property, so we could just walk down to the beach and there were lounge chairs right there, but it was much quieter and less crowded than just down the beach at the main resort.



Our own little stretch of sand and sea.


We spent plenty of time soaking up the sun and reading by the ocean.



We hiked in El Yunque rainforest and saw some cool waterfalls (and took some bad self-portraits).


We explored some historical sites, like El Moro and El Castillo de San Cristobal in San Juan.


We walked around Old San Juan and loved all the beautiful colored buildings.



We went to see the largest radio telescope at Arecibo Observatory.  I thought it was boring, but Clarke liked it because it was in the movie GoldenEye and in the James Bond video game he and his friends used to play.


On our last day, we went rock climbing, rappelling, and zip lining in the Rainforest near Caguas.  



We also kayaked the bioluminescent bay in Fajardo, went to an art museum, saw the new Batman movie, and ate lots of good food.

It was a great vacation and I can't wait for our next one!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that y'all had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very grateful that you guys had this incredible, restful week!

    ReplyDelete