Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Reunited

Huston's beloved Dinah had been missing since before Clarke and I left for Puerto Rico - about 2 weeks now.  We looked all over for her but could not find her.  We checked everywhere we could in the house, outside, in our car, in Mimi's car - everywhere we could think of.  Huston tried to be brave, but would mention from time to time that he missed Dinah, and last night as I was tucking him into bed, he started crying and saying how much he missed her.  It broke my heart!  We prayed together that God would help us find Dinah.  Then I called Melinda and cried because I was so sad for him, and she prayed for us, too.

Today my whole mission was to find that dinosaur.  I was vacuuming, dusting, emptying boxes, moving furniture, looking under cushions, and praying the whole time.  As I got around to Huston's room, my eye caught this little custom night light box that my dad made for Huston when he was 2.  We call it his "H" light, because it has an "H" cut out of it, and a light switch and doorbells, and... at the bottom, two little doors that can be opened and closed.  I think it is completely miraculous that I saw the light and opened the little door at the bottom.  Sweet Dinah was inside!  

I know that by myself I could have searched the whole house and never found her.  And I thank God that he heard our prayers for something as silly as finding a toy dinosaur.  Huston was so happy to be reunited, and it was sweet to pray together and thank God for hearing our prayers.  



3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! We all had one of the happiest days ever when Dinah was found. Thank you , Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I enjoyed reading that. You sure are a good mommy and teacher for your children.

    ReplyDelete