Friday, October 12, 2012

Finally Fall

We haven't been up to anything very interesting lately.  

A lot of going to school:


I can't get enough of them with their cute backpacks and lunch boxes walking in to school with me.  It's just so fun!


Huston had "Donuts with Dads" last week for the letter "D."  He really enjoyed showing Clarke around his classroom (and eating his donut, in case you can't tell from the picture).  When he was first telling me about how his class was going to do this, he said, "If your dad doesn't come, it's okay, because you can just have donuts with just you."  I'm assuming his teachers told him this so no one would be sad if their dad couldn't come.  Then he said, "I don't think Daddy's going to be able to come."  I assured him that Daddy would do his best to come and would probably be able to, and then he said with a quavering voice, "But I just like to eat donuts, too!"  I guess he thought it was either your dad got a donut, or you got one if he couldn't come.  He was a lot happier once he realized he was going to get a donut either way!


Last weekend we took the kids to see Finding Nemo in 3D.  I was a little worried about the shark scenes, but they turned out to be no big deal.  However, when Nemo first got separated from his dad and his dad was crying and calling out for him, Arden turned to me with her eyes pooling with tears and a trembling lip, and then burst into tears!  I mean, full on sobbing and crying!  It was so sweet and sad - she has such a tender heart.  I held her for the rest of the movie, and later, when Nemo got flushed down the dentist sink, Arden turned to me crying again and said, "I want to go home!"  Poor girl thought it was the saddest movie she had ever seen and she kept looking at us like, "I can't believe you've brought me to see this!"

After the movie, we bought a mattress for Arden's big girl bed, which Clarke assembled on Sunday.  I wanted to get a picture of her sleeping on it on the first night, but I was so mad at myself because it looked terrible - I had no mattress pad, no pillow, and the sheets weren't washed and ready.  And I bought a regular size box spring, which was way too tall and looked ridiculous.  So Tuesday I borrowed my mom's van and drove all the way to the Mattress Firm warehouse in Irving to exchange the box spring for a shorter one.


The height of the bed looks much better now, but I still have tons to do in her room.  I change the photo below to a sepia tone, because her walls looked so garish!  I'm tired of the stripes now, and want to paint it a calmer, more neutral color.  Hopefully I'll get to that soon!

Arden's doing great in her bed, though.  She seems to love it.  The first night she didn't fall out, the next three nights she did, but last night she didn't.  Hopefully she'll learn to keep her little body in that bed!


Here's a few more "playing at school" pictures from one of the first really chilly days we've had so far this fall!






2 comments:

  1. Oh,how fun to take a break from work and read your blog posts and see these adorable pictures. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete