Monday, October 12, 2009

Cutting with screwdrivers

We're still working on getting Huston's big boy room ready for him, and last week Clarke put together two bookcases I bought at Target for toy storage. Huston had the greatest time "helping" his daddy make them.


He quickly took charge of all three screwdrivers and told us he was "cutting." He has a book called Daddy and Me where the daddy uses a saw to cut wood, so we think he has just generalized that all tools are for cutting. Every day since Clarke put those bookcases together, Huston has asked for his tools. He insists upon having all three screwdrivers at one time - the red one, the blue one, and the yellow one. I'm terrified he's going to poke his eye out so I watch him carefully, but it's pretty adorable to see him work.

On a super sweet note, when I was putting Huston to bed Saturday night, he asked me for a kiss for the first time. I had already kissed him multiple times, but as I was laying him down he said "other one kiss, mommy." It was so sweet! Then he said it two more times, so of course I covered him with kisses. *sigh* He is so adorable. I can't believe I'm going to get another beautiful baby to love in just a few short weeks. More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment