Monday, October 5, 2009

Showered!

ashlee1

Just a quick post to share some pictures from a shower that my sweet friends, Ashlee and Abby, threw for me to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our baby girl.  The shower had a “nest” theme because we’re adding to our nest.  Isn’t that darling?  I loved the adorable bird and nest decorations!

Incidentally, we’ve decided on a name and we’ve also decided to go ahead and share it now, so for those of you who don’t know, our baby girl will be named Arden Ruth.  Ruth was my maternal grandmother’s name and I wanted to honor her sweet memory.  Arden was Clarke’s idea, and though I liked it from the beginning, it took me awhile to decide that it was the perfect name.  We like original names and Arden isn’t even in the top thousand of most common names, which we loved.IMG_5998

IMG_6000

ashlee10

I felt beyond blessed to be surrounded by great friends and wonderful family and to receive so many beautiful (pink!) gifts for Arden.  My heart goes pitter-patter every time I look at the tiny clothes or blankets or decorations intended for her.  I can hardly believe that my due date is only 5 weeks away! 

1 comment:

  1. Isnt girl stuff so fun!! Cannot wait to meet her! We will have to have play dates!

    ReplyDelete