Wednesday, February 10, 2010

And his favorite word is…

This is my beautiful son

IMG_7571

He is smart and handsome and wonderful and amazing.  And his favorite word is “no.”  Yesterday, in no particular order, I heard “No nap.  No bedtime.  No home.  No Arden.  No sandwich.  No Walgreens.  No milk.  No kleenex.  No humidifier.  No cover.”  And I’m sure many more that I’m forgetting.  Then, well past 10 last night, we hear him yelling from his room “No!  No! Nooooooooo! No chapstick! (long pause) No!  No Mommy!  (another long pause) No Daddy!”  It’s like he just hadn’t said “no” quite enough during the day and had to get a few more out before he went to sleep. 

Yesterday he sang “A, B, C, D…” and looked at me expectantly, so I sang “E, F, G.”  He promptly yelled “No!  Don’t say E, F, G.”  I agreed to not sing it, and he again sang “A, B, C, D…” and looked at me expectantly, but I said nothing, as per my instructions.  In spite of my silence he again yelled, “Don’t say it!  Don’t say E, F, G.”  This process repeated itself a number of times.  It was awesome.

By the way, please excuse the boogery nose and disheveled hair in the above picture.  Huston’s been sick with the beginnings of an ear infection and is just now on the mend with the help of antibiotics.  He slept until 10:30 yesterday morning (a sure sign he wasn’t feeling well).  When he woke up, as I was changing his diaper, he deliberately closed his mouth and took a deep breath in through his nose.  Then he yelled jubilantly “You closed your mouth!”  The poor boy was thrilled to finally be able to breathe in through his nose. 

Here’s one final picture of Huston playing with Arden on her mat last month.

IMG_7389

He continues to be a great big brother, although a few signs of sibling rivalry have been showing up lately.  Like yesterday, for instance, when I picked up Arden after her nap to feed her and he said, “No!  You don’t like Arden.  Put her back in her bed.”  Ahhh, I can only hope there is more of this to come.  :)  

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Your days sound a lot like my days! I can definitely sympathize.

    ReplyDelete