Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Recovering…and an update

Today has been exhausting.  Huston and I are both recovering from a nasty stomach virus, the likes of which I have never experienced before.  I have spent half of my day trying to get the kids to sleep and the other half folding the mountains of laundry that have accumulated as a result of this virus.  The house is an absolute disaster and I feel weak and unable to even deal with it.

So, I thought now would be a good time for a little “Huston update.”  My sweet, sweet, boy.  He was so surprised when he threw up in his bed Friday night – he wasn’t sure what had happened.  He just started yelling and saying “You got wet in your bed!”  It was so sad to watch him be sick and not be able to make him better.  I think he’s finally on the mend, though. 

Huston has a new love for Thomas the Tank Engine lately.  We gave him a track and a battery powered Thomas when Arden came home from the hospital, and lately Thomas has been going all around the house – under couches and chairs, on the wall, up different obstacles – pretty much anywhere you can think of.  So far I have only managed to record one episode of Thomas on TV, but I think we’ve watched it 19 times the past five days, as it’s all he has wanted to do.  Thankfully, Thomas is much more entertaining and less annoying than Barney.  And once we’re all better, I imagine I’ll cut down the number of daily viewings of Thomas.  :)

Lately Huston is also obsessed with watching “Hickory Dickory Dock” and “Wheels on the Bus” videos on You Tube.  Unfortunately, these videos are very short, so every 46 seconds to 2 minutes and 25 seconds, I’m required to come click the button to start the next video.  Doesn’t allow for much housework.

He is also lately in love with traffic lights and windshield wipers.  He loves to comment the entire time we’re driving on the state of every traffic light we encounter.  He’ll say things like “It’s already green!” or “Have to wait for it to turn green.  Have to be patient.” or “Uh-oh!  It turned yellow!”  And you better believe that every comment of his requires a response from me in return.  Since it rained a week or so ago, he has also been fascinated with wipers.  He wants to turn them on every time we’re in the car, even if it’s not raining.  This may contribute to his love for “Wheels on the Bus” (he does love to sing “the wipers on the bus go swish, swish, swish).

We started trying to play “Hi Ho Cherry-O” with Huston a few weeks ago, and he’s surprisingly good at it, and very into it.  He’s always asking to play “Hi Hi Cherry,” or “the purple game” or “Hi Hi Cherry O.”  Clarke is glad to be developing a love of board games in him at an early age.

There are so many more things I could write, but Arden is waking up to eat now.  I’ll post more pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment