Saturday, June 26, 2010

Kids Kamp Fun

While I volunteered at our church’s Kids Kamp this week, Huston go to attend the Kids Kamp for preschoolers.  He was not too excited the first few days, but by the end of the week he was having a blast and didn’t cry at all when I dropped him off on Friday.  I have always been so sad that he never wants to talk about what he does in his Sunday school or Wee Care class.  He gets so mad when I try to ask him questions and once told me angrily, “We don’t talk it ‘bout nursery.” 

Well, this week Huston has finally decided to share some of his experiences, and I am just eating it up!  I can’t get enough of him sharing little tidbits about his days at Kids Kamp, but I’m trying not to seem to eager or pushy for fear that he’ll get mad at me!

Mostly it has been silly little things, like “Do you have wipes at Kids Kamp, too, Mommy.  Did your teacher take that little girl to the potty and she used wipes.”  He also told me, “You didn’t like that puppet.  Did they let you go in the other room for you didn’t like that puppet.”  He told me, “Did you get a cookie at Kids Kamp, Mommy,” and “Did you eat cheese and bread at Kids Kamp, Mommy.”  (Snacks are always important!)

My favorite thing by far that he’s told me, though, happened just this morning.  He got my Bible down and in his “talking to himself” voice, started saying “This is the Bible.  It how true words.  It how true words.”  They teach the kids that the Bible is God’s true word, so he must have just heard “it how true words,” instead of “it has true words.”

He then proceeded to line up his four empty deodorants beside the Bible and he told me “Are you gonna tell God about the deodorants.”  Then he patted his Bible and said, “This is the Bible.  It has true words.  It has true words about the deodorants.”

1 comment:

  1. Oh.my.goodness. I just love him! What a sweet, smart little boy. I'm sure that God would love to know all about the deodorants!

    ReplyDelete