Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Kid's Kamp 2012

Today was Huston and Arden's first full day of Kid's Kamp (Arden went yesterday, but the bigger kids started today).  I put Huston in the kindergarten group so he could be with some of his friends (Noah, Tug, and Grayson).

In the morning assembly, Huston was in the fetal position with his hands covering his ears - but I think it was mostly because he saw me and didn't want me watching him.

He seemed to have a great time the rest of the day, and so did Arden!  Arden told me about the puppets in her room - Boomer and Lulu.  She said Boomer was a bear, and Lulu was a monkey, and that Boomer wouldn't wake up.  She also talked about the songs they sang in the "other classroom" (because they walked to a different room for the singing).

I'm on the E team this year (evangelism team).  I got to pray with a little first grade boy to accept Jesus! It was awesome!

The theme of Kid's Kamp this year is "Real Heroes" and just a few minutes ago, Huston said, out of the blue, "My favorite super hero is God.  Because He saved us.  That's the real super hero."

Be still my heart - I love it!



Every year I'm overwhelmed by the thought of volunteering for Kid's Kamp.  It's exhausting and sometimes I wish I hadn't signed up.  But every year it is so awesome and I can't imagine missing it.  This year is no exception - it is amazing to see a thousand kids worshipping God and to hear all the small group leaders sharing the gospel with their kids.  I love, love, love it!

2 comments:

  1. Be still my Mimi's heart! What a joy to read this blog post. What a joy all of you are all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that they're loving Kids Kamp! And I started crying when I read that you were able to pray with a little boy who accepted Christ. Love this!

    ReplyDelete