Monday, June 4, 2012

Swim Lessons - Round 1, Day 1

Huston and Arden have their first set of swim lessons this week.  I took these pictures before we left the house this morning - they both insisted they couldn't look at the camera because it was too sunny (no matter which way we turned) - that's why their faces look so crazy.



I was really worried this spring when I missed the sign up for the swim school Huston attended last summer.  But my friend Courtney invited us to use her dad's pool and just take private swim lessons there right after her boys.  It's a perfect solution!  And Huston ended up getting a spot at the other school for July, so he'll have another two weeks of lessons later in the summer.



I was so proud of both of them today!  Neither one cried!  Huston went first and his teacher (Ms. Lyndsay) said he was a little stiff (which I could totally tell as I watched him through the window - he was stiff as a board when she tried to get him to float on his back).  But he refused to wear his goggles today, and tomorrow I'm going to make him wear them so he won't worry as much about getting water in his eyes.

I had no idea what to expect from Arden, but she did great!  The teacher said she was even more willing and less fearful than the boys.  She did everything she was told to do, including putting her face in the water.  It was adorable to watch her on the noodle kicking her little feet!

Hooray for a tears-free first day!


1 comment: