Monday, May 24, 2010

Sweet dreams

I went back into Huston's room after putting him to bed tonight to tell him to stop playing with his humidifier. He wanted me to get up in his bed for a minute and snuggle, so I did. He turned his head to face me and (speaking with the correct pronouns, which he never does) he said, "I love your eyes" as he touched my eyes. Then he continued to touch all the parts of my face and said "I love your nose and your chin and your 'that' (pointing to my eyebrow)." "I love your hair and your shirt and your head. I love your face."

Has there ever been a sweeter goodnight? My heart just melted. Moments like that make all the difficulties and trials of parenting just fade away. I am so blessed to be a mom. So blessed by my sweet Huston. It is more than I deserve. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment